An Awesome Banting Breakfast Idea To Keep You Feeling Full & Energised
If you’re looking for a good Banting breakfast recipe here’s one that you’ll love.
This low-carb Banting breakfast is packed with protein, healthy fats, essential fatty acids as well as all the vitamins & minerals that you need.
Not only is this Banting breakfast also Paleo friendly, nutrient dense, low-carb & gluten-free, but it’s easy to eat & will keep you feeling full & energised for ages.
It’s often a challenge keeping your breakfast meal interesting & exciting on the Banting diet with so many of the regular, convenient options off limits to you.
By the way, if you’re thinking that the gluten-free oats would make a good Banting breakfast, don’t as they are still high in carbs.
So whilst breakfast cereals, oats & muffins are not approved ingredients for Banting breakfast recipes, you can indulge in a slice of carb-free toast with this Banting breakfast version.
What’s the Nutritional Value Of This Banting Breakfast Recipe?
a. Poached Eggs (x2)
Eggs is an essential part of this power breakfast & will keep you feeling full & satisfied for ages. They are also seen as a super food that provide many health benefits as listed below;.
- Each egg contains roughly 7g of protein as well as healthy fat & nutrients in the yolk.
- Eggs are able to balance the nutrient intake in the body, lower “bad” cholesterol levels, increase cognitive function, protect the heart, prevent eye disease, detoxify the body, prevent certain cancers, help you lose weight as well as contribute to proper growth & development.
Salmon is full of essential amino & Omega-3 fatty acids & provides many more health benefits as below;
- A serving of salmon could provide at least 2 grams of Omega-3 fats which is half of the recommended daily amount based upon the Recommended Dietary Intakes (RDI) for Omega-6 and Omega-3 Fatty Acids sponsored by the National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Salmon is a great source of vitamins, proteins & other essential minerals
- For diabetics or people struggling with their weigh, insulin levels are managed better by the combination of the omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin-D & selenium found in the salmon. This helps facilitate proper absorption of sugar and thereby reduces blood sugar levels.
- Other health benefits of eating salmon include improved cardiovascular health, correct muscle & tissue development, boosted eye health & more efficient body metabolism.
The sliced avocado part of this power breakfast will provide you with a healthy dose of monounsaturated fats, nutrients & vitamins that will keep your energy levels topped up as well as many other health benefits listed below;
- Both carotenoids & monounsaturated fat in avocados help significantly to reduce cancer. Also the Glutathione, in avos, is a powerful antioxidant that protects the cells from cancer and the dangerous effects of free radicals.
- Avos are low in sugar content & but high in dietary fibre (a single serving can provide you with 40% of your daily requirement) which aids digestion.
- Avocados are not only rich in potassium, but the ratio of potassium to sodium is so well balanced which plays a vital role in your overall health.
- Avocados contain a unique combination of healthy organic compounds like phytosterols, carotenoids, flavonoids,
- Avos also shown to lower cholesterol & triglyceride Levels.
- Avocados are rich in vitamins, minerals & nutrients such as calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, copper, manganese, phosphorus & zinc.
- As well as vitamin C, B6, B-12, A, D, K, E, thiamin, riboflavin & niacin.
Toast with your breakfast is an optional extra but you may indulge in a slice of toast, made from low-carb Banting bread, if you’re really hungry
If you are still feeling hungry & feel like some bacon, don’t hold back.
If you’re worried about bacon being bad for you, or your cholesterol, read here why bacon is good for you.
Don’t forget, eating a decent breakfast with a content high in fat & protein will keep you feeling full & satisfied for longer.
This is also good news for those trying to lose weight & keep healthy as you may not even feel like eating again until supper time after having this Banting power breakfast – and no hunger cravings either.
Want more low-carb meal ideas?