Cauliflower Macaroni and Cheese
This healthy Banting mac and cheese recipe made with cauliflower is a delicious & healthy substitute for the original.
In fact this Banting Mac and cheese dish provides you with that delicious cheesy, comfort food type of satisfaction whilst allowing you to maintain your healthy, low-carb Banting diet that is so hugely supported & promoted by Tim Noakes.
The cheese & dairy content in this recipe is obviously Banting & Noakes approved – some dairy is also fine for Paleo eaters.
If you are lactose intolerant or worried about eating cheese, generally the higher the fat content in cheese & milk, the lower the lactose levels.
Banting Mac and Cheese Recipe
- 1 Cauliflower broken up into of florets ( approx 5 cups)
- 2 Cups of grated cheddar cheese (preferably organic from grass fed cows)
- 1 Cup of coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 Egg (free range)
- ½ Cup homemade broth
- Salt & pepper for taste
- 2 Cloves of garlic (optional)
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C (350°F)
- Steam the cauliflower florets, add salt & place in a greased baking dish
- Warm the coconut milk & add the broth whilst keeping stirring
- Add the coconut flour to the mixture & allow it to bubble
- Remove it from the heat & add in the beaten egg
- As the mixture begins to thicken pour it over the cauliflower florets in the baking dish
- Add the grated cheese evenly over the cauliflower
- Place the dish into the pre-heated oven & bake for 30 to 40 minutes
- Finally grill the dish for a few minutes to get a nice golden colour on top
I really hope you try out this cauliflower macaroni cheese bake recipe as I’m sure you’ll enjoy it as much as I did.
Not only is it really tasty, but it will satisfy your hunger whilst providing your body with a healthy nutritional meal.
Want More Low-Carb Banting & Paleo Recipes?