For many of us Paleo & Banting diet converts, one of the hardest parts of maintaining a healthy diet is not being allowed to eat bread or other baked foods & treats that are made with flour.
Well fear not, you do not have to go without bread any longer as this gluten free bread recipe makes bread that tastes better & healthier than that evil gluten rich bread you have been used to eating.
I can hear you saying “how on earth can bread be made without grain & dairy?”…
… but remember that Paleo friendly gluten-free bread can be made with more wholesome & nutritional substitutes & ingredients like coconut flour, eggs, nuts, potato starch that all go towards producing a fantastic healthy loaf of bread.
so without further ado, here’s our gluten free, Paleo friendly sandwich bread recipe which can be sliced & toasted easily…
Gluten Free Bread Recipe
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup ground golden flaxseed
- 3/4 cup almond butter (which you can make yourself by placing organic almonds in a processor & grinding for about 30 minutes until a smooth almond paste/butter is formed – that’s it)
- 6 eggs (free-range)
- 2 tbsp natural honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and have a standard bread pan greased with coconut oil ready for the mixture.
- Mix the almond butter, eggs, honey, coconut oil & apple cider vinegar together in a large mixing bowl with a blender.
- Combine the coconut flour, baking soda, flaxseed & sea salt together and mix it into the mixture above.
- Pour the mixture into the greased bread pan & bake it for between 35 & 40 minutes.
- Once you have removed the baked bread from the oven allow it to cool completely before attempting to slice it.
- After it has cooled completely store it at room temperature in an airtight container for 3-4 days or refrigerate for up to a week before eating.
Want More Paleo & Gluten-Free Recipes?