Gluten Free Bread
This Gluten free bread provides a healthy alternative for anyone who is gluten intolerant & cannot do without eating bread.
In fact anyone, gluten intolerant or not, should consider substituting their normal bread with this gluten free version for better health.
This is a healthy & tasty bread recipe that is free of wheat, gluten & grains that can be made by anyone who knows their way around a kitchen.
Gluten Free Bread Recipe
This gluten free bread recipe makes one loaf
- 5 Eggs (free range)
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tsp sea salt
- 2 Cups almond flour
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- ¼ Cup golden flax meal (or chia)
- ¼ Cup honey
- ½ Tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 175ºC (350ºF)
- Prepare a loaf pan by greasing it with coconut oil or butter
- Mix the dry ingredients (almond flour, coconut flour, flax meal, salt & baking soda) together in a food processor
- Then mix in the eggs, coconut oil, honey & apple cider vinegar
- Pour the dough mixture into the loaf pan
- Place the pan with mixture into your oven & bake at 175°for about 30 minutes or until the edges are crispy
- Remove the pan & allow it to cool for at least 2 hours
- Remove the loaf from the pan & after cooling some more cut into thin slices & serve
This bread is really delicious but you can always add raisins, chopped fruit etc for something extra if you prefer.
Also if you want to reduce the amount of eggs to four it will be fine & to make it more fluffy beat the egg whites during the preparation.
If you’re worried about the possible health issues rather opt for a cast iron pan as aluminum is a reactive metal that can leach into food especially when working with tomatoes, lemons or any other acidic ingredients – although research has suggested that leaching is minimal it would be better to avoid aluminum altogether due to its toxicity.
Want Some More LCHF Paleo Styled Recipes?
You could make a dramatic transformation to the way you look & feel just by eating a low-carb, nutrient rich Paleo styled Banting diet…