Gluten Free Paleo Banana Bread
Surprisingly this gluten free Paleo banana bread is really tasty and moist which isn’t always what you would expect from a “healthy” treat that is both gluten & sugar free.
In fact the bananas in this Paleo banana bread are the only source of sugar, although the recipe does have Xylitol (which is a natural sweetener and better for you than sugar) but you don’t necessarily have to use it.
Often mouth watering treats are loaded with sugar and other nasty stuff to make them look and taste good.
This gluten free banana bread however, is not only perfect for those who watching their weight, but also really quick & easy to make.
I don’t know what you do with bananas that are too ripe to use, but for me it’s the perfect excuse to quickly make a loaf of this delicious Paleo banana bread…
Paleo Banana Bread Recipe
- 2 large (or 3 medium) bananas
- 60ml olive oil
- 60ml lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100g Xylitol (optional)
- 320gr almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Prepare loaf pan by lining with baking paper
- Mash bananas
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl
- Add oil, lemon juice & vanilla
- Mix well
- In a large mixing bowl place the almond flour & xylitol
- Add the banana mixture to dry ingredients and mix
- Add baking powder & bicarb and mix well
- Pour into pan and bake for approximately 25 minutes
- Slice and enjoy plain or with unsalted butter
The great thing with this Paleo banana bread, is that being sugar-free, it’s a non-addictive treat contrary to the usual pastries and tea time snacks that you get.
These are often loaded with sugar, making them very addictive, and very difficult to stop eating them.
You’ll always feel like “just one more” with addictive snacks & treats which also contribute heavily (excuse the pun) to weight gain.
However, with this banana bread you won’t be doing much harm by having another slice with your tea…
Want more tasty low-carb, sugar-free Paleo recipes?