Chocolate Hazelnut Paleo Protein Bars
These no-bake Paleo protein bars (also Banting friendly) make excellent treats that are not only healthy but decidedly delicious as well.
The fact that they are also gluten free, grain free, low-carb makes it even more remarkable that these Paleo protein bars (made from natural real foods) can actually taste this good.
There are a few more optional ingredients which you can choose whether to include or omit from the recipe according to your taste.
So without further ado let’s get on with it and get these Paleo protein bars ready for your after dinner treats tonight.
Note: These Paleo Protein Bars Are Totally Banting Friendly As Well
Chocolate Hazelnut Paleo Protein Bar Recipe
- 350 grams chocolate (70% to 80% dark chocolate or Nutella if you’re feeling naughty)
- 200 grams unsalted butter (grass-fed)
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (optional – I don’t include them but they’re a great addition if you love chocolate)
- ¼ cup xylitol (optional – again I don’t use this as I find these bars sweet enough))
- 100 grams ground almonds
- ¼ cup whey protein powder
- ½ cup chopped hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate (70% to 80%)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (grass-fed)
- First the Bars
- Line a 22cm x 22cm Pyrex glass dish with baking paper
- In a small saucepan combine the chocolate spread, butter, chocolate chips and xylitol (optional).
- Stir until melted and remove from heat
- Stir in ground almonds and chopped hazelnuts
- Pour into prepared dish and press down evenly
- Place in fridge for a couple of hours until firm
- Then the Topping
- Place the dark chocolate and unsalted butter in a heatproof glass dish
- Melt this over a pan of simmering water, stirring until melted
- Spread this topping over the bars and place back in the fridge until set.
Once the chocolate topping has set, cut into squares or bars and serve.
Want More Low-Carb Banting & Paleo Recipes?