Paleo Pumpkin Bread
This Paleo pumpkin bread recipe is really easy to make and provides you with a tasty alternative to the “unhealthy” white bread that we all love to eat so much of.
What I love about it, is that this Paleo pumpkin bread is super healthy for you and also tastes just as good (if not better) than normal bread.
Not only will this Paleo pumpkin bread recipe provide you with a sugar free, gluten free, grain free as well as low-carb loaf of bread, but it’s also totally Paleo & Banting friendly.
It’s a simple healthy bread recipe that you’ll love as it makes a delicious, creamy & moist bread that’s so easy to eat.
Spread with a bit of grass fed butter (or nut butter) & together with the cinnamon and nutmeg it makes a wonderful treat or snack.
- 6 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- 1 cup arrowroot starch
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbs pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven 175°C (350°F)
- Line a loaf pan with baking parchment paper & allow the ends to hang over the edges slightly to make it easier to remove
- In a medium bowl, sift together the almond flour, arrowroot starch, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg and cinnamon
- In a separate larger bowl, whisk the eggs together
- Then add the pumpkin, vanilla extract and apple cider vinegar
- Slowly add 1-2 tablespoons of the flour mixture at a time to the egg mixture, mixing until fully incorporated but still a little runny
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan
- Top the batter with the pumpkin seeds, pressing them gently into the batter which will ensure they get baked into the batter slightly and not fall off after baking
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick can be inserted into the center and come out clean
- Once it’s baked you can leave the bread in the pan for 2 hours to cool at room temperature
- Once cooled, gently lift the bread from the pan using the sides of the parchment paper to remove & place on a wire rack
- Once it’s removed allow it to cool some more if necessary & then cut the loaf into slices & enjoy with some (grass fed) organic butter or nut butter
- If you don’t eat it all at once, this Paleo pumpkin bread can be stored in your refrigerator for up to one week
Health Benefits Of This Paleo Pumpkin Bread
Some of the healthy side effects you can look forward to from eating this Paleo pumpkin bread are these;
- Pumpkin seeds are naturally rich in certain plant-based chemicals called phytosterols that have been shown to reduce LDL (the bad cholesterol) and also rich in the amino acid tryptophan which aids production of serotonin which is a mood enhancer.
- Pumpkin seeds also pack about 1.7 grams of dietary fiber per ounce
- Pumpkin is rich in vitamin A which is great for your eyesight
- Pumpkin is a great source of carotenoid pigments, including alpha carotene, beta carotene and lutein which are great antioxidants
- Pumpkin is also rich in omega 3 which makes it a great anti-inflammatory food choice
- Inflammation has been linked to many diseases such as obesity, heart disease, diabetes, cancer, depression, dementia & other age-related diseases
- Eggs & almonds are a great source of protein which help nourish & repair your body
- Whilst it’s gluten free, sugar free & low carb, it avoids any of those inflammatory vegetable oils.
Want more delicious gluten free, sugar free LCHF Paleo recipes for all meals?