News On Tim Noakes HPCSA Hearing
The latest news on the Tim Noakes HPCSA hearing, who is a passionate advocate of the the low-carb Banting diet, is that he will only know later on this year as to whether he will lose or be able to keep his license to continue practicing as a medical doctor.
He was to appear before the Health Professions Council of SA’s (HPCSA) professional conduct committee last Thursday (5 June 2015) which failed to get off the ground as it was declared to have been improperly constituted.
The issue of him having to go through this hearing all came about after the Association for Dietetics in SA lodged a complaint with the health council after Noakes offered dietary advice over Twitter earlier this year.
The advice he gave, that brought him into disrepute with the Medical Council, was provided via a tweet to a mother advising her to wean her baby with a low carbohydrate, high fat diet & avoid sugary baby cereals.
Noakes, Hero or Villain
- When you think of all the quacks promoting weight loss with magic pills & the likes of Mbeki (and his “esteemed” health minister at the time) promoting garlic & beetroot to cure Aids, you would the think the HPCSA would have more important issues & people to haul over the coals
- Some say “…the HPCSA, universities and authorities have prostituted SA health care and health education to the highest bidders. They are CONTROLLED by corporates and don’t give a damn about public safety.“
- Others say “…Noakes might change his mind again and say – Sorry, I was wrong again, a balanced diet of protein and carbohydrates is now my new angle…“
- and then the Noakes supporters say “…in the process of debunking some of the dietary myths Noakes has ruffled more than a few feathers in the profession. So they are using the HPCSA to tarnish his reputation…“
- “…in the 1960’s and early 1970’s we had butter with our bread and drank full cream milk and had fair amount of fat in our meat. There was very few cases of obesity and dementia in those days. I would not be surprised if Professor Noakes is awarded a Nobel Prize for Medicine. “
- “We were more healthy in the 1960’s and early 1970’s with our butter and full cream milk and there were much less cases of dementia as well. We played sport, in the park and walked a lot and up hills also.“
- and “Are all peddlers of magic diet pills and potions also in for a lashing?“
So, you can make up your own mind, but for me I’ll keep on avoiding sugary, refined foods and continue with my low-carb Paleo styled diet that keeps me healthy & fit.
PS. Want To Lose Weight Naturally?
This 30-Day Paleo Program Could Be Your Ticket To Effective Weight Loss & Improved Health…
You could make a dramatic transformation to the way you look & feel just by eating a low-carb, nutrient rich diet…
This 30-Day Paleo Program will help you to take control of your health & body to…
- Lose that extra weight just by eating correctly (not less)
- Wake up feeling energized rather than tired & lethargic
Not only will this program provide you & your family with specially crafted meal plans, shopping lists, exclusive recipes, valuable tips & inspiration…
…but it also comes with a lifetime membership to ensure that you will always get the most out of this healthy way of eating.