Banting Diet – 7 Day Banting Meal Plan
If you’re keen on the Banting diet then this 7 Day Banting Meal Plan is just what you need to get started.
It provides you with the perfect way to plan your Banting meals in step with the low-carb Banting diet for a complete week.
Not only are the meals on this Banting diet plan healthy & nutritious, they are also gluten free to help will promote gut health & combat autoimmune diseases.
This 7-day Banting meal plan is very similar to the Paleo way of eating (see Paleo vs low-carb diet) which is essentially a LCHF diet (low-carb, high fat) and also a strictly gluten free diet.
Don’t sabotage your clean eating plan by running out of exciting recipes…
Download This Fantastic Collection Of Delicious Banting Styled LCHF Paleo Recipes »
(8-Week Meal Plan Included)
However, the Banting diet (as endorsed by Tim Noakes), and this Banting meal plan, does not exclude dairy at all whilst the Paleo diet does not allow any form of diary.
Breakfast – 2 poached eggs with a few rashers of bacon & tomato
- Lunch – A large salad with your favorite protein (chicken, steak, etc.) with some cottage cheese
- Snack – Apple slices with almond butter
- Dinner – Slow cooker pulled pork with fresh veggies such as spinach & pumpkin (contains less sugar than butternut) & finished off with a small tub of full cream Greek yoghurt if you’re still hungry.
- Breakfast – A portion of fruit followed by bacon & eggs
- Lunch – Blanched/sauteed veggies (pre-made and reheated)
- Snack – Can of tuna
- Dinner – Steak (grass fed) with some green leafy vegetables, cauliflower & broccoli
Breakfast – Coconut milk smoothie or have banana pancakes (makes a change from having eggs everyday although you can have eggs & bacon if you prefer)
- Lunch – Soup (reheated or in a thermos)
- Snack – Greek yogurt
- Dinner – Roast chicken (or BBQ free range chicken which you can get from Woolworths for your convenience) with a Greek salad
Breakfast – Mixed nuts & berries with coconut milk followed by a bowl of Greek yogurt
- Lunch – BLT wrap with lettuce instead of bread wrap
- Snack – Hard boiled eggs
- Dinner – Grilled fish with spinach & pumpkin
- Breakfast – Steak and eggs
- Lunch – Cold cut meats and veggies (snack-like but filling)
- Snack – Avocado – high in good fat that will refuel your energy reserves
- Dinner – Grilled chicken breasts (free range) with fresh vegetables
- Breakfast – Eggs and sweet potato hash browns
- Lunch – Sandwich with bell pepper slices instead of bread
- Snack – Biltong (Jerky) & almonds (not too many if you’re looking to lose weight)
- Dinner – Sun dried tomato bacon wrapped meatloaf
Breakfast – Egg/veggie/meat scramble
- Lunch – Dinner leftovers
- Snack – Blueberries & almonds
- Dinner – Beef (or chicken) & vegetable stir fry in olive oil (never use Sunflower oil or any vegetable oil)
Besides the dairy, the Paleo diet is very similar to the Banting & the Tim Noakes LCHF diets which all emphasise low-carb eating to maximise your health benefits, help keep you slim & feel young.
Should You Include Dairy In Your Banting Diet Plan?
Tim Noakes is a big fan of including dairy in his “Banting diet” as long as it’s full cream & from grass fed cows.
There is however a downside, as he mentions in a podcast on Talkfeed regarding dairy & weight gain.
He says that whilst his stance on dairy hasn’t changed, you are advised to reduce your dairy consumption of you are struggling to lose weight.
This came about after an uproar in the South African media after Jonno Proudfoot had changed the “Dairy” status from a “green” listed food to “orange” which means it can be consumed in moderation.
The conclusion we can draw from this is that, according to Tim Noakes, dairy is fine for those on the Banting diet but if you are specifically trying to lose weight you should only consume it in moderation.
Be Careful, It’s Easy To Revert To Your Old Eating Habits
Whilst this meal plan provides you with an easy way to get started on the low-carb Banting way of eating, it’s really easy to get into a rut by preparing & eating the same meals over & over.
This situation creates boredom & “diet fatigue” which often causes people to revert to unhealthy convenience eating – let’s face it a tempting burger & chips looks far more appealing than chicken & veggies.
The best way to help you avoid slipping back into your old eating habits, is to have a comprehensive diet plan complemented with hundreds of tempting LCHF Banting/Paleo approved meal options & recipes to keep you going for at least a month or two to keep it interesting & exciting.
It’s very important to remember that all your good intentions of following a healthy diet will soon unravel unless you have a mouthwatering range of low-carb recipes available to keep mealtimes interesting & exciting.
If I could come up with an exciting range of low-carb, gluten-free & nutritious recipes for all meals, this would be it…
I therefore have no problem in recommending this
Fantastic Collection Of Banting Styled LCHF Paleo Recipes »
(which includes an 8-Week Meal Plan)