Banting Diet – 7 Day Banting Meal Plan
Do you know what the best thing about the Banting diet is, especially if you’re wanting to lose weight?
It’s not having to restrict your portion sizes and being able to eat until you’re satisfied as long as you stick to eating only Banting approved food.
The worst thing about the Banting diet however, is running out of exciting low-carb recipes and meal options, which leaves you vulnerable to falling off the wagon and gaining weight very quickly.
So if you want to experience the good things you’ll get from the Banting diet then this 7 Day Banting Meal Plan is just what you need to get started.
It provides you with the perfect way to plan your Banting meals in step with the low-carb Banting diet for a complete week.
Not only are the meals on this Banting diet plan healthy & nutritious, they are also gluten free to help will promote gut health & combat autoimmune diseases.
This 7-day Banting meal plan is very similar to the Paleo way of eating (see Paleo vs low-carb diet) which is essentially a LCHF diet (low-carb, high fat) and also a strictly gluten free diet.
However, the Banting diet (as endorsed by Tim Noakes), and this Banting meal plan, does not exclude dairy at all whilst the Paleo diet does not allow any form of diary.
- Breakfast – 2 poached eggs with a few rashers of bacon & tomato
- Lunch – A large salad with your favorite protein (chicken, steak, etc.) with some cottage cheese
- Snack – Apple slices with almond butter
- Dinner – Slow cooker pulled pork with fresh veggies such as spinach & pumpkin (contains less sugar than butternut) & finished off with a small tub of full cream Greek yoghurt if you’re still hungry.
- Breakfast – A portion of fruit followed by bacon & eggs
- Lunch – Blanched/sauteed veggies (pre-made and reheated)
- Snack – Can of tuna
- Dinner – Steak (grass fed) with some green leafy vegetables, cauliflower & broccoli
- Breakfast – Coconut milk smoothie or have banana pancakes (makes a change from having eggs everyday although you can have eggs & bacon if you prefer)
- Lunch – Soup (reheated or in a thermos)
- Snack – Greek yogurt
- Dinner – Roast chicken (or BBQ free range chicken which you can get from Woolworths for your convenience) with a Greek salad
- Breakfast – Mixed nuts & berries with coconut milk followed by a bowl of Greek yogurt
- Lunch – BLT wrap with lettuce instead of bread wrap
- Snack – Hard boiled eggs
- Dinner – Grilled fish with spinach & pumpkin
- Breakfast – Steak and eggs
- Lunch – Cold cut meats and veggies (snack-like but filling)
- Snack – Avocado – high in good fat that will refuel your energy reserves
- Dinner – Grilled chicken breasts (free range) with fresh vegetables
- Breakfast – Eggs and sweet potato hash browns
- Lunch – Sandwich with bell pepper slices instead of bread
- Snack – Biltong (Jerky) & almonds (not too many if you’re looking to lose weight)
- Dinner – Sun dried tomato bacon wrapped meatloaf
- Breakfast – Egg/veggie/meat scramble
- Lunch – Dinner leftovers
- Snack – Blueberries & almonds
- Dinner – Beef (or chicken) & vegetable stir fry in olive oil (never use Sunflower oil or any vegetable oil)
Besides the dairy, the Paleo diet is very similar to the Banting & the Tim Noakes LCHF diets which all emphasise low-carb eating to maximise your health benefits, help keep you slim & feel young.
Let’s be honest…
If you don’t change your bad eating habits, you’ll never achieve the health & weight loss goals you’ve set yourself.
Many people have trouble getting their brain adapted to not wanting sugar (aka burgers, treats, pizza etc).
Once you’ve become fat adapted by eating LCHF foods, you won’t get the cravings for sugars & comfort foods.
It’s actually not that difficult to do & the great things is, is that the longer you can stick to this LCHF way of eating, the less you’re tempted to eat bad stuff.
What you will need, is a trusted source of exciting LCHF recipes which you’ll look forward to eating at every meal time
Start with this fantastic collection of LCHF Banting styled Paleo recipes here »
(includes a 8-week meal plan)
Should You Include Dairy In Your Banting Diet Plan?
Tim Noakes is a big fan of including dairy in his “Banting diet” as long as it’s full cream & from grass fed cows.
There is however a downside, as he mentions in a podcast on Talkfeed regarding dairy & weight gain.
He says that whilst his stance on dairy hasn’t changed, you are advised to reduce your dairy consumption of you are struggling to lose weight.
This came about after an uproar in the South African media after Jonno Proudfoot had changed the “Dairy” status from a “green” listed food to “orange” which means it can be consumed in moderation.
The conclusion we can draw from this is that, according to Tim Noakes, dairy is fine for those on the Banting diet but if you are specifically trying to lose weight you should only consume it in moderation.
Be Careful, It’s Easy To Revert To Your Old Eating Habits
Whilst this meal plan provides you with an easy way to get started on the low-carb Banting way of eating, it’s really easy to get into a rut by preparing & eating the same meals over & over.
This situation creates boredom & “diet fatigue” which often causes people to revert to unhealthy convenience eating – let’s face it a tempting burger & chips looks far more appealing than chicken & veggies.
The best way to help you avoid slipping back into your old eating habits, is to have a comprehensive diet plan complemented with hundreds of tempting LCHF Banting/Paleo approved meal options & recipes to keep you going for at least a month or two to keep it interesting & exciting.
You know what the worst thing is about running out of interesting meal ideas and exciting recipes?
You get bored and revert to convenience food that looks much more exciting & appealing than another plate of cauliflower.
I don’t have to tell you that going down that road is a downward spiral to weight gain and obesity.
It’s therefore very important to keep mealtimes interesting & exciting and something to look forward to.
By having a wide range of low-carb recipes available to prepare a variety of tasty dishes, you’ll be able to avoid having your healthy eating plan unravel.
So don’t sabotage your diet by not having enough mouthwatering recipes available at all times.
PS. Whilst this Banting Meal Plan Is a Good Start To Developing a Healthy Eating Habit…
You Must Be Careful Of Spoiling It By Running Out Of Exciting Recipes…
Download This Fantastic Collection Of Banting Styled LCHF Paleo Recipes here »
(includes an 8-Week Meal Plan)