Banting Chocolate Brownies
These Banting brownies are for Banters who enjoy a tasty treat without the sugar.
Not only are these brownies sugar-free, but they are also low-carb as well as gluten-free although you will have to take responsibility for measuring the nutritional information such as calories & carbs or any other ingredient that may not agree with you.
Whilst they might not be as healthy for you as a bowl of freshly cooked broccoli, you can treat yourself to these delicious brownies without suffering any feelings of guilt.
Banting Brownie Recipe
- 1 Cup almond flour
- ½ Cup cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp xylitol (add more if you prefer really sweet brownies)
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- ½ Tsp bicarb
- 1 Tsp vanilla essence
- 3 Eggs
- 100ml Cream
- 60ml Melted butter (unsalted, organic)
- Chopped 90% chocolate (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper
- Mix all the dry ingredients together
- Stir in the wet ingredients
- Blend or whisk together
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish & flatten with a rubber spatula (sprinkle flaked almonds & desiccated coconut over the top if you like)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted through to the center comes out clean
- Remove from the oven & place on a wire rack to cool for around 15 minutes.
- Lastly cut it into squares & serve (add a dollop of whipped cream if you like)
Want more delicious Banting styled recipes?