The Paleo diet was the most “Googled” diet of 2013, but does it work and will you experience that Paleo weight loss that so many have enjoyed?
The Paleo way of eating is based on the natural foods our ancestors, from way back in the Paleolithic age, survived and flourished on.
By all accounts there weren’t too many overweight or obese cavemen running around at the time & it’s highly unlikely that eating veggies, meat, fish & eggs will have us modern day humans piling on the pounds.
Interestingly it was also reported in the Dove Medical Press that…
“paleolithic-type diets, low in carbohydrate, are associated with reduced body weight”
How the Paleo Diet Could Help You Shed Weight Effortlessly
- By mimicking the eating habits of our cavemen ancestors, this diet encourages us to consume only natural, wholesome & healthy foods which will hopefully help us enjoy energetic, slim bodies.As the Paleolithic diet attempts to replicate the food environment the cavemen were exposed to (and the one that we were made for), many Paleo dieters experience the joy of seeing the fat melting off them faster than they can buy smaller pants
- It’s also no coincidence that the people (cavemen) of that bygone era are always depicted as lean, strong and healthy beings which is just what most of us want to achieve for our own bodies.
- Furthermore, the Paleo eating plan is arguably the one diet that is most biologically suitable for us humans, which means that on this diet our bodies should perform at their best and naturally assume their ideal weight.
- In other words, when our systems are functioning optimally, we shouldn’t be affected by disease & illness and we should also shed the unnecessary fat stored in our bodies in a natural way.
- Traditional diets or the “eat less and exercise more” method of losing weight is just so hard to maintain that any weight loss is often reversed after a short while
- Unlike the above diets, Paleo concentrates on eating real, wholesome foods that are non-addictive leaving you feeling full & satisfied without the hunger cravings which leads to natural weight loss as you never over eat.
What Dr Loren Cordain Says About Paleo & Weight Loss…
According to Dr Loren Cordain, a professor at Colorado State University, and author of The Paleo Diet, the Paleo way of eating was really intended to help people fight chronic diseases and wasn’t really intended as a way to lose weight.
Whilst he wasn’t too keen on promoting his book as a weight loss diet, he was encouraged to do so by his publisher as it would appeal to a wider audience.
“It is virtually impossible to become obese with fresh vegetables, fruit, grass produced meats, eggs and fish” — Dr. Loren Cordain #obesity
— Loren Cordain (@ThePaleoDiet) September 8, 2014
So even in spite of Loren’s initial reluctance to promote the Paleo diet as a natural way to lose weight, recent studies continue to demonstrate how it surpasses almost all other diets in its effectiveness at helping people lose weight naturally.
Start your weight loss journey today with this
30-Day Paleo Program »
More Evidence Of the Paleo Diet Promoting Weight Loss
- A study published in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition showed how 70 obese postmenopausal women showed a significant decrease in fat mass, abdominal obesity and triglyceride levels after being assigned to a Paleolithic diet.
- The group of 70 was evenly split between those on the Paleo & those on a low-fat diets respectively.
- The results showed that those assigned to the Paleolithic diet shed more than double the amount of weight as those on the low-fat eating plan.
- In previous studies, the Paleo diet has routinely beaten low-fat diets at controlling cholesterol and diabetes.
Furthermore the Paleo diet has a large celebrity following including famous people such as actors Matthew McConaughey, Jessica Biel, Kellan Lutz, Megan Fox and Miley Cyrus.
The last word on the health & weight loss benefits you could get from going Paleo goes to Dr Loren Cordain who says that…
“Clinical trials have shown the Paleo diet is the optimum diet that can lower the risk of cardiovascular disease, blood pressure, markers of inflammation, help with weight loss, reduce acne, promote optimum health and athletic performance”
PS. To make it easier for you to stick to this healthy eating plan…